|Course:||Project Management and Evaluation|
ISEG - Economia
Francisco Teixeira Pereira Soares
|Objectives:||- To combine the elements of financial management and decision theory which are relevant for project analysis
- To discuss the methodologies used in project analysis and their reliance upon incomplete information
- To apply theory to practical cases and examples.
|Contents:||- General overview of project analysis in the context of resource allocation
- Methodology and project vs. equity perspectives
- Evaluation criteria: basic concepts, cost of capital, decision criteria
- Investment and financing, incomplete alternatives, capital rationing
- Analysis under non-deterministic conditions. Real Options.
- Programming, management and implementation of projects.
|Evaluation:||Explanation of each program topic, with reference and remission to the appropriate bibliographic references.
Specific mention and discussion of topics and problems with practical relevance, illustrated with exemples/cases and appropriate readings.
Resolution of practical exercises.
Mid-term test and final exam.
|Bibliography:||A. - Isabel Soares & al., “Decisões de Investimento – Análise Financeira de Projectos”, ed. Sílabo.
B. R. Brealey & S. Myers, "Principios de Finanças Empresariais", McGraw-Hill
C. Aswath Damodoran , "Corporate Finance – Theory and Practice", ed. 2007
|Program in pdf:||