Master in Education Sciences
Years: 2 Semesters: 4 ECTS Credits: 120
- To contribute to the incorporation of scientific work skills;
- To contribute to the growth of scientific production in the Education Sciences areas of influence.
José Manuel Fragoso Alves Diniz, Full Professor
Carlos Alberto Rosa Ferreira, Ph.D.
The Course is organized in three different specializations:
- Specialization in Education for Health
- Specialization in Educational Technology
- Specialization in Pedagogical Supervision
The predominant scientific area of the course is Education Sciences; the course is organized in a single subject area: Pedagogy and Intervention Methodologies in the Motor Activities (PIM).
Note: : The specialization are in Educational Technology corresponds to the rasmus Mundu Master.
Quantitative limitations for each specialization
- Numerus clausus: 15
- Minimum number of student enrolled required to enable the course opening: 10
- Number of vacancies primarily allocated for applicants from Portuguese speaking countries: 2
- Number of vacancies primarily allocated for applicants graduated in Physical Education: 4
- Number of vacancies allocated for applicants graduated in the special period of examinations to complete the undergraduate course: 4
- Number of vacancies allocated for applicants graduated in the special period of examinations to complete the undergraduate course: 5 in any course unit of the 2nd (please note: it is only possible to enroll in “Supervision Practice”, if the applicant has already attended "Theory and Methodologies of Pedagogical Supervision").
Selection Jury: José Alves Diniz, Full Professor (President), Carlos Ferreira, Ph.D., and Carlos Januário, Ph.D. (members).
Accreditation Jury: José Alves Diniz, Full Professor (President), Carlos Ferreira, Ph.D., and José Domingos Carvalhais, Ph.D. (members).
Specific admission requirements | Ranking Criteria
Three criteria categories will be taken into account in the analysis of the applications:
Category 1 – Academic Results
The overall result of the Undergraduate Course (or equivalent Diploma) will be scored:
- 14/20 - 1 point;
- 15/20 - 2 points;
- 16/20 - 3 points;
- 17/20 - 4 points;
- 18-20/20 - 5 points.
Category 2 – Professional curriculum
Teacher/trainer experience. Depending on the length of service, the following points will be awarded:
- Up to 3 years - 1 point;
- 3 - 5 years - 2 points;
- 5 - 10 years - 3 points;
- More than 10 years - 4 points.
Depending on the level of education (primary / secondary and graduate education) and the relationship between the scope of the specialization and the teaching: 0-4 points will be awarded.
Experience in planning, coordination, pedagogical mentoring and management functions in educational organizations (disciplinary group, schools, regional services, central services of the Ministry of Education, etc.) related to the specialization area: 0-5 points will be awarded.
Category 3 – Pedagogical and scientific curriculum
- Holder of another Diploma related to the specialization area (examples: master degree in another field, post-graduate course, another degree, etc.). The jury assesses the diplomas awarded to the candidate and awards 0-4 points.
- Participation in seminars, courses and other training activities in the Education field in general, and in the specialization area. Depending on the number, type, and duration of participation, the jury awards 0-3 points.
- Experience in organizing and lecturing continuing education activities in the field of Education in general and in the specialization area: 0-4 points.
- Publications in the area of Education in general and in the specialization area: Depending on the number, type (papers in journals, pamphlets, etc.), and participation (first author, another author, etc.). The jury will award 0-5 points.
In case of a tie, the jury will consider:
- 1st – Points obtained in category 3;
- 2nd – Points obtained in category 2.
Total amount (2015-2016): 2.000,00€ (1.040,00€ in the 1st year + 960,00€ in the 2nd year)
- Fridays: 14H00 - 20H00
- Saturdays: 09H00 - 17H00