Doctoral Program in Human Kinetics
Years: 3 Semesters: 6 ECTS Credits: 180
The main objective of this Cycle of Studies is the production of knowledge, by means of original research in this area, in a fundamental or applied perspective.
To be awarded the degree of Doctor in Education Sciences, the students must:
- Demonstrate systematic knowledge in one of the areas of Human Kinetics (Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Psychology of Sport and Exercise, Motor Development and Learning, Human Factors and Ergonomics, Dance, Rehabilitation, Sports Coaching, Sociology and Sports Management, Physical Activity and Health), and master the research models and techniques associated with this area;
- show the ability to conceive, design and carry out significant research in the area of Human Kinetics;
- make, through original research, a contribution to expand the frontier of knowledge in Human Kinetics, recognized by the publication of the results of that research in international peer-reviewed journals;
- show the necessary skills to enable their integration in different professional or academic contexts as progress promoters, and holders of high expertise.
A Doctor in Human Kinetics should also be able to convey to his/her peers, and society in general, his/her specialization area, and to promote, in academic and professional contexts, the scientific, cultural, and social advancements in a knowledge-based society.
The specializations of the Doctoral Program in Human Kinetics are:
- Physical Activity and Health
- Motor Behavior
- Exercise Physiology
- Psychology of Exercise and Sport
- Sports Coaching
- Treino Desportivo
The course has four scientific areas, namely:
- Biology of Physical Activities
- Pedagogy and Intervention Methodologies in Motor Activities
- Psychology and Motor Behavior
- Sociology, Cultural Studies and Management of Physical Activities and Sports
António Prieto Veloso, Full Professor
Please click here.